A patient is more likely to get better if they do a high dosage of repetitions throughout the day of whatever resets their system. If it hurts, they’re less likely to dose or to get to end range. Here are some of my favorite ways to make the prone press up pain-free or to eliminate the perception of tightness at end range
- Alternating Isometric Contralateral Arm/Leg raises
- Bilateral Isometric Hip Extensions
- Diaphragmatic Breathing at End Range
Any or all of these strategies should make the press up pain-free or as comfortable as possible so a high dosage should be easier to accomplish.
- The First Breathing Strategy You Should Be Teaching - August 17, 2020
- Level Up The Prone Press Up - May 26, 2020
- Knee Tilt Mobilizations – Improve Knee Flexion Past 90 - April 21, 2020