First things first, I used to give credit where credit was due. That was a key part of The Eclectic Approach and Modern Manual Therapy. However, I received cease and desists for using the terminology of Institutes I don’t teach for – it’s not like I’m not giving credit where I originally learned these concepts!
If you or your patient has pain with squatting, try these variations
- Tibial IR and Femoral ER with closed chain flexion
- Tibial ER and Femoral IR with closed chain extension (coming up from the squat)
The patient I am talking about in the example (but not the PT I’m demoing on) had a patellar dislocation a few months ago and has been afraid to have his knee go into extension in all closed chain activities. With this Functional Mobilization, I restored threat free knee extension and was able to overpressure it at end range. It was also easy enough for the patient to replicate hourly for his Recovery Plan (what I am now calling the HEP).
Latest posts by Erson Religioso (see all)
- Functional Mobilization To Improve Squats – November 18, 2019
- Finger Reset After Dislocation – September 17, 2019
- Eccentric Heel Drop Cues For An Achilles Tendinopathy – July 21, 2019