This is a blended online and in-person course, which consists of 4 hours online learning and 3-4 hours in person. All content is delivered for you to gain confidence with a medical emergency that happens within your clinical setting.
- The Red Cross
- Preparing to respond
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Wound care
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden Medical Emergencies
- Environmental Illnesses
Includes any other content required by specific legislation. This course fulfills the requirements set out by CMTBC for all RMTs in British Columbia.